Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Mock Interviews

Being involved in a mock interview today in class was very intimidating. I felt like I was in a actual interview! I was not prepared for the types of questions that I was asked. I realize that I need a lot more practice with answering questions. While my group members were quick to answer questions, I sometimes had to think about my response before answering. In a real interview, I will be expected to  answer questions quickly, and have a response at the ready. Having an immediate response presents you as more knowledgeable. 
Some of the interview questions were very fun and abstract. These, I enjoyed answering. One for example was: If you could go back to any event in time, what would it be and why?
I struggled with questions about assessment. I need to be more informed about this topic. Others, were very challenging. A few times I had to ask for the question to be repeated because I did not understand what the question, or because it was wordy.

This was a great, eye-opening experience. It put me in a position to see what my strengths and weaknesses are as far as being interviewed. 



1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way about the mock interviews. It was intimidating! It is extremely hard to think on your feet and come up with an educated answer quickly. Having no idea what you are going to be asked is stressful. However, I am thankful for this experience because it showed me where my weaknesses are. I feel I will be better prepared going into a real job interview because I have had this tiny bit of practice.

    ReplyDelete