Monday, October 12, 2015

Fieldwork--Pre Teaching

Well, we have officially started fieldwork! I am nervous and excited at the same time. I am excited to teach these 5th grade students because they are clearly so engaged and ready to learn. This is refreshing to see. However, I am nervous to teach Social Studies. This was never my best, nor favorite subject while I was in school. I am worried that I will not be confident enough in the material by the time it is my turn to teach. Al i can do is study the material and become knowledgeable in my topic. This should help build my confidence when it comes my time to teach. The first group of teachers have already gone and I think they did a great job considering they were the first group to go. It was a lot of pressure being the first group! I am lucky to be in the last group that way I observe the other groups before me, and learn from the mistakes they have made. Making mistakes it not a bad thing in this case. This is a learning experience! we will only improve each time we do this. I can also listen to the constructive criticism that our teacher is providing, and keep it in mind for when I am developing my lesson plans. I really hope the students enjoy my groups lesson on the Thirteen Colonies and that everything goes smoothly. Update to follow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment